Nov 4, 2009

Happy Halloween!




The kids had so much fun this year! Gracie was a vampire, Parker was Iron Man and Chase was a giraffe. Earlier in the day Phil and the kids gutted and carved their pumpkins. Gracie wanted a cat and Parker wanted a ghost. Good thing Phil is artistic! That evening, I got the kids all ready in costumes and makeup and then we Skyped their grandma's and grandpa's. I would like a traditional Halloween meal each year, but the kids are too picky and wouldn't eat it, so I made hot dog mummies thinking surely they'll like that. Uh, of course not! Gracie opted for a peanut butter sandwich instead. Yum yum! Phil took Gracie and Parker around our neighborhood and Chase and I held down the fort and passed out the candy. I was thinking that Chase and I were going to have a nice warm relaxing evening in...boy was I wrong...I got the warm part right though. :) Tons of kids came to our house this year. Just as I'd climb the stairs and sit down, the doorbell would ring again. Duh, it's Halloween! I don't know what I was thinking. :) In between trick or treaters I managed to bathe Chase, but then he wanted to eat. I couldn't feed him because then I couldn't pass out the candy and I had to get rid of the candy because I didn't want any leftover. Stress! Poor little Chase. :) But we managed! I love it when the kids come home with their candy and they dump it out on the ground and Phil and I rummage through it to see what they got. It reminds me so much of when I was a little girl. Phil took his "Dad tax" (that's what he calls it). I must pat myself on the back though because I didn't eat ANY of their candy! :)

1 comment:

jen said...

It sounds so fun! I LOVE the mummy hot dogs! So cute! If it makes you feel better, I would have eaten them! :) I will have to tell Travis about the "dad tax" because I am sure he will want to enforce that rule! Miss you guys!