Nov 23, 2009

Good Times With Grandma Holgate!

My mom flew into town and stayed with us for 2 weeks. We had such a great time with her! She did so much for us that we will be forever grateful for. Chase had her wrapped around his little finger. He knew just how to get held all of the time! :) I was able to get a lot done while she was here. She watched the kids so Phil and I could go on a date, and so I could go Christmas shopping, and go to the dentist 4 times. Yes, you saw it right, FOUR times! My first appointment was for a toothache, of which I was referred to an endodontist for a good old root canal. Got the root canal. Went back to the dentist for a cleaning. Broke my crown (which was on the tooth that just had the root canal). Went back to the dentist for the broken crown. Lucky us, we got to see first hand just how crappy dental insurance is. :( Merry Christmas! :)

NEW MOON
Also while she was here, a couple of friends invited us to go with them to see the Twilight saga New Moon at the opening midnight showing. I have never read the books and quite frankly wasn't that crazy about the first movie. But I thought a girls night out sounded great! My friend Rachael was so excited because she got tickets for a "first time" early showing at 9:00pm and for only $5.00 a piece. We went out for hot chocolate before the movie and arrived at the theaters by 8:30pm. As we were standing in line we realized that our tickets were for the movie Twilight and not for the new movie New Moon. OOPS! Haha! Luckily my die-hard-Twilight-fan friends were able to switch our tickets and get us into the 12:30AM showing. So we stood outside in the freezing cold in this enormous line for nearly and hour and a half with the hundreds of crazy teenage die-hards. All in all our nearly 7 hours at the theater was a lot of fun and one heck of a great memory! But darn that movie popcorn for breaking my crown!



1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh my gosh! Movie popcorn broke your crown! That stinks!! Franny has four really deep cavities and we've been sent to Columbia to get them worked on. She'll probably have to be put under for them. I'm excited to see how much that is going to cost. Yikes. Chase is so beautiful. THose eyes are breathtaking.