May 3, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Holgate's spontaneous visit!

One day my parents decided they wanted to come see us and a week later they were here!  I decided to surprise the kids this time since I'd only have to keep it a secret for a week.  Gracie and Parker were shocked and so excited to see them!  While they were here we went to soccer games and practices, Liberty's Carnival, Dairy Queen for Blizzards (our "incentive" to Parker and Gracie for scoring goals in soccer), Olive Garden, and watched a few Jazz games.  My dad stayed busy making his 20 stops to Home Depot and fixing things around our house, painting, washing and vacuuming the van, and mowing the lawn.  Thanks Dad!  My mom helped me with a sewing project...well okay, I guess if I say "helped" then that means I would have had to contribute to the project, right?  Yeah, let me rephrase that...she did the sewing project. :) ...among other things!  Thanks Mom!  And they still found lots of time to play hard with the kids!  We love having you guys!
{Okay after reading this it kind of sounds like we just put them to work when they get here.  I would be thrilled if they just came and did nothing!  But anyone that knows my dad and mom, knows that they love (or so they make us feel :) ) to serve their kids.  I'm afraid my dad would be bored out of his mind if there wasn't some projects for him to do around here. He's so great!  He's already got more projects planned for when he comes the next time.  My neighbors are even joking that they are compiling their own lists for him when he comes next. :)  Just so you know dad and mom, you don't have to work so hard every time you come!}

No comments: