Jan 4, 2010

Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve a family in our ward invited us over for a breakfast dinner. So we ventured out in the blizzard and had a good time. Then we came home and did our traditional Nativity story and pajama presents.

If you look closely, our baby Jesus has tear streaks coming down the side of his face. He wasn't the least bit happy about participating in the Nativity story.


The kiddos in their new pajamas.


That night Gracie couldn't sleep for nothing. Poor little girl. She got up at 12:00am thinking it was morning. I heard something so I went down to check on the kids and Gracie was standing next to Parker's bed saying, "Parker, wake up. I think I heard something. Let's go upstairs." Then Parker, still half asleep and oblivious to what's going on, sits up and yells, "HUH?! WHAT?! NO!" And just as fast as he sprung up, his head hit the pillow again. It was so funny! So I laid in bed with Gracie until 2:30am when she finally fell back asleep. She was even crying because she was so frustrated that it wasn't morning and that she couldn't sleep. Then she came in our room at 4:30am wanting to open presents. I made her hold off until 6:00am. I remember doing the same thing when I was a little girl so I sympathized with her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it that you are keeping your traditions. Cute pajamas. I need a hug.....