Jan 4, 2010

Christmas Day 2009

As much as we love seeing and being with extended family on Christmas day, we really enjoyed relaxing and being comfortable in our own home this year. We just hung out all day and enjoyed the kids and watching them open their presents and play with them. We were able to Skype both of our parents and so that made it a lot easier being away from them.
I don't know what Santa was thinking, but he brought Parker his DS. I guess he felt bad that Parker kept making pretend DS's out of paper and carrying them around for the last year. And thank goodness he brought Gracie her Zhu Zhu Pets because those were the hot item of the year and next to impossible to find in stores. I heard, people were calling Walmart, Toysrus, Target, and Shopko every morning and night for weeks just hoping they'd get some in. And also searching the Internet, only to find ridiculously over-priced Zhu Zhu Pets. Thank heavens I didn't have to do that (wink, wink) because I knew Santa would bring them.



2 comments:

Christina said...

OK so I have never heard of Zhu Zhu pets! I have seen them all over the stores, but they were never sold out. I thought they looked a little boring, you will have to feel me in!

Brinley got a DS this year too (we found a used one for less then half the price because I am sure next year she will want a DSI). Our whole family has enjoyed playing. I found a great deal on games (well my mom did) We got 102 games for super cheap. If you are interested email me.

I am glad you had a great Christmas. Give the kids a hug from me.

Tiffany Walker said...

You have the cutest kids! Glad you had a nice Christmas. Santa brought our family some zhu zhu pets too. We love them! Hallie and Gracie would have a great time jump roping together. It is Hallie's favorite thing right now. I am impressed that she did it in the talent show. Way to go Gracie!