Feb 17, 2010

I LOVE MY KIDS!!!


(As a reminder to our readers...This is merely a journal of our family, not a bragging session {okay, maybe it is! JK!} )

I don't know what it is, but lately I just can't get enough of my kids. They are so YUMMY! They make me laugh so hard! I feel so grateful and almost unworthy even that they belong to me (and Phil of course!) They are such great kids with hearts of gold. I think I have been noticing lately how fast they are growing up and I have been trying to hang onto every moment and embrace it. In some respects I have become a softy {and I'm not referring to my love handles or extra cushion in places that will remain nameless}. Things I once tried to control are now seeming to be not so important in the long scheme of life. Kids will be kids and that's a good thing! I love each one of them for their own unique personalities. They each bring something to our family that is irreplaceable.

Gracie:
I love Gracie's sweetness. She has the biggest most tender heart of anyone I know. I would rather watch a movie with her than anyone else because her and I can hold each other and cry together in all the sad parts {and we do!}. She is helpful, thoughtful, and so generous. She has a killer smile and such a fun personality. Her teacher says that she is very non-confrontational and gets along with everyone at school. She is a great friend. She holds no reserves at home and is so comfortable just being herself and flying by the seat of her pants. I love that about her! She has a strong sense of right from wrong. She is very protective of those she loves. She is very accommodating to whatever situation comes her way. If she has her mind set on something and it doesn't work out, she doesn't dwell on it, but moves on with a good attitude {e.g. For days and days leading up to my birthday she reminded Phil over and over to get streamers to decorate for my big day. Well, it was late the night before my birthday and Phil had forgotten to get them. While Gracie's reaction was sad at first and only for a split second, she then bounced right back and said, "Well, that's okay, it's not the decorations that make the party, it's the people." }. She LOVES animals (excluding birds!). She is a great listener. I can give her 10 things to do and she can do them all without having to be retold. She LOVES to read. If we would let her stay up all night to read, she would. She finished reading 16 'Junie B. Jones' chapter books in a month! She has a great imagination and is so creative and would rather write, color, draw, glue, tape, build, paint, make meals from play-doh, play with her toy animals, or doll house than do anything electronic (Wii, DS, Leapster) any day. She is a great big sister to her 2 little brothers. She can always put a smile on both their faces and get them to laugh. She really looks out for Parker and tries to accommodate to him to make him happy. But she sure knows how to shake that stick too! :) Her and I stick together!

Parker:
(I know I just paid tribute to Parker on his birthday, but I don't care, I want to do it again!)
I was just thinking the other day how grateful I am for Parker because he has taught me more lessons in life than anyone else...and we're just getting started! This kid is hysterical! He has the best laugh! I absolutely love to hear him laugh because it is so genuine and contagious. I love how he is so passionate about things. Some people might call it obsessive compulsive, but I call it passion! Recently I have seen Parker grow up so much and overcome so many struggles that he has faced in the past. He is my lovey boy. He loves to cuddle! I can't get enough of it! He is such a great big brother. He is always helping me with Chase. Chase's face lights up so bright when he sees Parker. He can really get Chase laughing! I love how Parker needs to be "roughed up." I love how Parker loves the outdoors. Parker loves his sister so much. He isn't embarrassed to kiss her and hug her. If anything, he likes to do it to tease her! I love his funny personality. He is always trying to trick me and tease me. He has a thing for spanking bums...okay, mostly mine and Grandma Holgate's. I don't get it, but it makes me laugh! Maybe our bums stick out there a bit more than others??? (Not yours though Mom!) I've mentioned before how I love his prayers. They are so random and funny! I can't count the number of times I have accidentally burst out into laughter in the middle of his prayer. (Don't worry, I always come up with a random excuse that it was something else I was laughing at and not what he was saying! I am fully aware that I am not setting a good example when that happens! I really do try hard to keep it in, but sometimes it's just impossible!) I love how Parker is determined to do things on his own. He doesn't ever want any help. He learned his address, phone number, and spelling of his last name so fast! He's my pal!

Chase:
The joy of all our lives! The one thing that is guaranteed to make us smile. My favorite scent. Chase is such a huge blessing to our family. None of us can get enough of this little boy. He is constantly smiling and laughing! I love listening to him talk and squeal. He sleeps through the night!!! Need I say more?! :) I can already tell this is one determined little spirit. You can see it in his eyes that he wants to get down and take off at full speed. He wants to explore everything and be right there with his big sister and brother, but his young little body just won't let him yet. I think he has a glisten in his eye that reads mischievous all over it! It's hard to comprehend that this tiny little being can have so much personality and love to offer. Only one complaint, he won't cuddle any more! :( But that doesn't stop me from kissing him a million times a day. He is bursting with personality! I love how when he stares at me, I can feel his love through his eyes and it melts my heart. I love when I pick him up, or at random, he'll grab my neck or my ears or my hair and pull me into him and lay a big wet kiss smeared across my face. I love when I come near him he waves his arms and legs a hundred miles an hour excited that I am going to pick him up.

I can't imagine my life without them!

Okay, I'll stop the mushiness......for now!

No comments: