Oct 29, 2008

Arizona State Fair

We love the state fair! We rode the rides, ate cotton candy and lots of FRIED food, listened to a band play some groovy music, and looked at all the cool animals.

Hold on to your hats because this next part gets a little INTENSE.....First, we walked into the animal barn and a HUGE goat comes running straight at me! It knocks a big board next to me down and right onto my leg, scraping and bruising it. The men who were trying to capture the goat just couldn't get the job done so my mom and I corralled that thing for them! Then the kids were petting these cute little baby goats (so we thought), until they nibbled Gracie and Parker's fingers NEARLY biting them OFF! Next, I was standing near the giraffe cage and felt something near the top of my head, I looked up and this black, 3 FOOT long giraffe tongue was about to SWALLOW my head! Yes, I jumped back and let out a scream! Wouldn't you?! That's not all! Then Dennis was standing near the HUNGRY camel cage when we looked at my mom with her jaw to the ground and arms waving in the air, screaming, "DENNIS, DENNIS, WATCH OUT!" It was getting ready to EAT his hair. Yes, he did jump back and let out a scream! Wouldn't you?! Just as we thought we made our escape out of there all in one piece, a FEROCIOUS goat knocked the gate of the goat cage open. Who was standing there in the line of stampede? ME! Without hesitation I leaped to the rescue and shut that gate! Needless to say we barely made it out of that JUNGLE, I mean barn, ALIVE!

NOTE: I confess.....every word in red is an exaggeration, but all the rest is the honest truth! :)


Ridin' the roller coasters!

More fun rides!

Bumper Boats!

*************************** My personal favorite--The Big Slide!

The infamous Uncle De and Uncle John! Two of the most amazing people I know!

Ya gotta have cotton candy!****** Fried Zucchini! ****
*
Look at that JUMBO corn dog and fries!

Awe, Grandma! *************** Pals! **********

The FINGER EATING baby goats!

The HUNGRY camel and The HUMAN HEAD EATING giraffe!


6 comments:

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

What a day at the fair! I must say, it was more eventful than ours! I think it's so cute that Gracie got her ears pierced! And I love her comment at the end too :) So, I'm a bad friend, but where's Phil (a rotation somewhere I assume)? Keep up the great posts - they're so fun!!

Amy Mann said...

Sounds like quite an adventure!!! You sure got some cute pictures! It looks like you are doing well.

AmyPoll said...

I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants...your rendition of the fair is way too funny!!! Tell Gracie that I love the earrings!!!

Danette said...

I so want that corn dog and fries!

Bonnie said...

How fun! that is the biggest corn dog I have ever seen! I'm glad you guys are having fun!

valerie said...

Wow, what an adventure!! Oh those fries look so good!!!