Nov 5, 2008

Halloween!

This year Parker had no problem figuring out what he wanted to be! He LOVES Star Wars. This is so funny to me because I have actually never seen any of the Star Wars movies and neither has he. I guess he's just seen the Star Wars Clone Wars commercials. So he wanted to be a Clonetrooper. Gracie of course wanted to be a princess and loves pink! So she was Sleeping Beauty. The weather was so nice! Nice and warm! :)
At our neighborhood Halloween party we ran into Gracie's first "crush", Nathan Irish! The second I saw him I asked him if I could take his picture with Gracie. Just before this picture though, Gracie was out in the field playing with a bunch of kids. When I went to check on her she was sitting down crying. She said that a bunch of boys were chasing her and spitting on her! GGGRRRRRRRR! I was so mad! She said they kept spitting on her face! It totally made me sick! I wanted to find those boys and.......? Poor little girl! :( She actually hates this picture because she thinks she looks bad from crying! Oh well, I'm the awesome mom that actually got a picture of the first crush!!!! :)
The next day I volunteered in Gracie's class at school and Nathan asked me what I was going to do with that picture. I smiled and told him I didn't know and asked him if he wanted one. He totally smiled and said YEAH! So I told him I'd bring him one! :)

7 comments:

Amy Mann said...

Very cute, looks like your kids had a fun Halloween. I am glad to know that you haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, I have been told several times that I must be the only person that hasn't seen them :) It looks like you are all doing well.

AmyPoll said...

I love the picture of the "crush"...he is so totally whooped with Gracie!!! Love the halloween costumes (and that Arizona weather). Sorry that those boys were so mean...I think I would have come unglued!!!

Brianna said...

Warm weather is so nice for Halloween beacuse then you can actually see the costumes and not have them all hidden under coats. Gracie may hate that pic now, but she will treasure it later. Last, but not least I can't believe how mean kids can sometimes be. Every time Nate hears stories like that one I have to remind him you can't beat up little boys, even if they pretty much deserve it.

Anita said...

Your kids are soooo cute. How is it that you have a daughter with dark hair and I have 4 blond headed kids? Gracie is so adorable.


Hey I'm going to add you to my list if you don't mind.

Anita said...

OH. . .Tell Phil HI! for me.

Bonnie said...

too cute! I love that you took a picture of her first crush! Too cute! It sounds like he is still crushing on her. I bet she will break a lot of hearts! I wish I was still wearing shorts. It is so cold here!

Katherine said...

Grrr... Stupid boys. Your kids look so cute in their costumes!! Looks like Founder's Day was fun! I loved the video. You were cracking me up. Are you using in iphoto to store your pictures? I just learned that you can print off these tiny books that are like 2 inches by 3 inches for like 5 dollars using your photos from iphoto. I'm going to print some for the kids for Christmas. Macs are the best!