Oct 29, 2008

Gracie got her ears pierced!

My mom came in to town to hang with us for 10 days while Phil was gone! We had so much fun with her! She's the greatest! Here's what we were up to while she was here:

Phil has been holding his guns to make Gracie wait to get her ears pierced until she's older. Gracie has wanted them for so long and I've wanted her to get them too. I respected Phil's wishes for so long, but it was time to plead our case! I told him if he could give me even one really good reason why she shouldn't have it done then we wouldn't. He couldn't! So he gave us his blessing. :) We wanted to wait until Grandma came to visit so we could have a girls night out (and Parker too) and make it a memorable experience. Gracie was so excited to get it done, but when she sat in the chair she got a bit nervous. She almost backed out, but then an older lady named Treasure came over to Gracie and gave her a little pep talk. She touched Gracie's heart and told her that her little heart will let her do whatever it is that she wants to do. Thanks Treasure, it worked!

Here is Gracie getting ready......
Getting really nervous.....
She did it! Feeling a little pain though :( .........
(I actually cried too....sssshhhh)

Celebrating at the Cheesecake Factory!Later that night she said she was mad that she wasted all that time crying because she could have played at the mall playground longer. I guess we all learn from our experiences! :)

4 comments:

hayley said...

Congrats Gracie, way to be tough! I bet she is going to have a lot of fun picking out cute earrings!

valerie said...

How fun!! Yeah for Gracie. I still can't talk my husband into letting Erin get her ears pierced.

Danette said...

I was going to get mad at you until I saw her smiling in the end! I hate watching little girls get their ears pierced at the mall, if I see them I run the other way. It makes me want to cry too. She looks way cute though and happy. Way to go Gracie!

shanan said...

Gracie, I am so proud of you. you are a brave girl. Your earings are so cute on you. Love, your aunt Shanan