Aug 30, 2010

Phil and Mandi Updates

I thought I would give just a little update of what Phil and I have been up to...
 
Phil is still plugging away at his pathology residency (now in year 2).  It has its ups and downs just like anything, but he is learning a lot and enjoying most aspects of it.  He also took up a second job as a professor at National American University.  All summer he taught a Microbiology class and lab 2 nights a week.  He really loves to teach and does a great job at it.  He will be teaching Anatomy and Physiology I and II this fall and winter semesters 2 nights a week as well.  On the nights he teaches he goes from the hospital straight to the school and gets home around 10:00.  So needless to say, we've been missing him quite a bit.  In addition to his 2 jobs, he was called to be the Elders Quorum President in our ward.  That is definitely an overwhelming, high pressure and time intensive calling, but Phil is up for the task and is grateful to have this opportunity to serve the Lord.  I as well have felt the spirit and confirmation that this is what Phil is supposed to be doing right now.  When the stake president asked me what I thought about it and if I could support him in this calling, I strongly felt (even though we already don't get to spend much time with him) that this is a time in our family's life that we need to make sacrifices to serve and do the Lord's work.  I am grateful for the priesthood that Phil holds and for his loving and friendly personality that truly draws people to him. 

My paragraph is going to be no where near as long as Phil's unless I include changing diapers, brushing teeth, being a chauffeur, cooking, cleaning, etc.  :)  But I am now serving in the Primary Presidency and loving it.  It is such a wonderful experience to be working with Heavenly Father's children and with such amazing women.  Sunday's are very busy for us between our callings and tag teaming with Chase.  But I can definitely feel the blessings from serving in these capacities.  I am so grateful for this true church and for the opportunities that we have to stretch out of our comfort and learn to love and serve others.

No comments: