Sep 4, 2009

Gracie-isms!


When Gracie was a toddler she'd say the most hysterical things. If I had this blog back then we'd have lots more hilarious Gracie-isms. Here are a couple of recent ones though.

8-23-09
Gracie and I were talking about school and making friends just as I was tucking in her bed. She has had a hard time making friends at school because she said she is shy and is scared to talk to kids. Here's what she told me:
"I'm shy on the inside and try to be brave on the outside. I start walking up to kids and then I stop and turn the other way because I'm too shy."
We had talked for quite a while and so I felt like we said all we needed to say about the subject so I go to kiss Gracie goodnight and leave, but she grabbed my arm to stop me and said, "But wait Mom, I still want to discuss this." (Did my 6 year old honestly just say that?!)

9-3-09
Today at school Gracie's teacher talked to her class about vandalism and that if the kids vandalize the school they'd get in big trouble and not be able to come to school anymore (as Gracie put it). Gracie then told me directly after that that when she went to the bathroom at school she used very little toilet paper. (At this point I was thinking what do those 2 things have to do with each other.) I asked her why and she told me because she didn't want to vandalize. I asked her what she thought vandalism was and she said using too much toilet paper.

Oh Gracie, you're so cute!

2 comments:

Christina said...

LOL!!! I love this girl!

Ashley said...

I can't wait to have a little girl who wants to 'discuss' things! So cute!