Jul 12, 2009

Gracie, Gracie


(Gracie jumping on the tramp.)

So the other day I'm doing Gracie's hair and I notice a big chunk of hair that looks like it's been cut and is 6 or so inches shorter than the rest of her hair. So like any mom, I asked her if she knew what happened to her hair. She assured me she had no idea. I don't know why, but at the time I didn't question her any more...I actually believed her.

A couple days later I was holding one of those little battery operated foam fans, cooling off my face, and apparently getting it a little too close to my hair for Gracie's liking. She kept telling me, "Mom, don't get that fan so close to your hair because it could get tangled in it!"

A couple days later I was helping her re-organize her room and I came across something quite interesting in her closet, hidden behind some things.

(The quarter is to help show the size of the chunk of hair.)

Of course I asked Gracie what it was. She started bawling and saying, "I'm too scared to tell you, you'll get mad at me!" That went on and on and on until I finally persuaded her that I was not going to get mad at her. She explained to me that she was cooling herself off with that same little foam fan and her hair got tangled in it really bad. She thought I would get mad if I found out so she took the liberty of getting the scissors and cutting it out herself. Only thing, she cut way more hair than necessary!

5 comments:

Danette said...

I love this.
So hilarious!

Christina said...

WOW...that is a lot of hair!! She looks so cute jumping on the tramp.

hayley said...

Ouch! Summer is always a good time for a hair cut:) She is a gorgeous little girl. I was cracking up on the post where Parker told her he liked her style. So sweet!

Tiffany Walker said...

What a sweetheart. I am sure she still looks adorable! I am sure it was quite interesting to find that lock of hair. Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself there in Sioux Falls. I bet it was nice to enjoy the 4th of July and not be so stinking hot! Your due date is coming up so soon. I hope you are doing well.

Ashley said...

It doesn't look too noticeable--I was actually just thinking how long and pretty it looked in that picture. Ahh, what is with little girls cutting their own hair? They all do it. Well, I cut my sister's hair :) I just hope when my girls do it, it isn't right on top of their head or in their bangs or something.