Feb 12, 2009

Parker-isms


Parker is pretty hysterical lately. He's really figuring out how to express himself. So here's a few of the funny things he's been saying:

Parker says to Gracie, "You hurt my feelings....you hurt my heart.......you broke it!

A boy at preschool was being mean to another boy and Parker called him a "crumit." I said where did you hear that word? He said, "Well, I'm kinda nervous because I just made it up."

Parker likes to talk to the baby in my belly. He gets embarrassed when he does it though, It's so cute. So today he got by my stomach and said, "Okay mom close your eyes and turn your head because I wanna talk to the baby." (He wanted me to do that so that I couldn't see or "hear" him.) He said, "Hi baby, this is Parker and this is my mommy." So sweet!

Parker and I were driving in the car this morning and he said he wanted to go to the park. I told him we couldn't this morning and he said, "Well we are going to have a talk when we get home." So I said oh, what about? He said, "'Bout you not lettin' me go to the park."

Phil was trying to help Parker write his name on his Valentine's cards for his friends and Parker got frustrated (because he hates having anyone help him!) so Parker says, "Stop ruining my life!" For the record, I've never used that statement and I've never heard Phil or Gracie use it either. I have no idea where he came up with that.

When Phil leaves for work in the morning (if it's not too early and the kids are up) Parker yells at the top of his lungs out the door as Phil is walking to his car and says, "Bye Dad, have a good daaaayee! Don't worry 'bout it!" We have no idea why he says "Don't worry 'bout it!" He's so funny!

When he gets frustrated he'll sometimes say, "You're a meaner!"

He can sure make us laugh!

2 comments:

hayley said...

What a character:) It's been so fun this pregnancy because Luke totally gets it. I already feel like he has a relationship with his little sis!

Erin said...

Okay, those quotes totally made me laugh. How he talks to the baby is too adorable. And saying "You're ruining my life!" is absolutely hilarious! And I think it's hilarious that you made sure to mention that he did NOT get that from you! Haha! Sometimes kids say the craziest things, and you hope that people don't think they got it from you. :) So funny! I love posts like this. It sounds like you guys are doing great! See you in MAY!!