Dec 6, 2008

Two Emotional Peas in a Pod!

Gracie and I heard the Trans-Siberian Orchestra song "Christmas Canon" in the car the other day and after it was over she told me she was trying hard not to cry. What she didn't know is that I was trying just as hard in the front seat not to cry too! It amazes me how beautiful music (even with only a few words) can touch a sweet little five year old heart. We are two emotional peas in a pod! I love that little girl!

This is the most amazing time of year! I feel so blessed to be able to experience the Christmas spirit every year! I can't express enough how meaningful family is. I am so blessed to have 2 amazing extended families! I miss you all so much! We cannot wait to come home and spend Christmas with Phil's family and my family! Yay for the gas price drop.....another blessing! :)

Last night we had our ward Christmas party. Phil was in Texas so I took Gracie and Parker. The night didn't start off great because Parker wouldn't eat his dinner at home (not even one bite!) so I told him he wouldn't be able to have cookies and hot chocolate at the ward party if he didn't eat. He told me in a peppy voice and with a smile, "That's okay mom, I don't need cookies and hot chocolate!" Sure enough the second we got there he lost his composure and cried for an hour for cookies and hot chocolate. I stood my ground and didn't give in! (Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it depends on who you ask....if you were to ask Grandma, she'd tell you I'm mean and cruel!) Santa came and so the kids got to sit on his lap, which I am so thankful for because it'll probably be their only chance to do so this year. We always get to see Santa at my family Christmas party every year, but this year we can't make it. :( I have to say that it was a hard night for me. Christmas parties are supposed to be shared with your husband and family. It was sad for me to be without Phil and our families. I love my little babies though and I'm thankful I got to share the night with them. The kids were disappointed though that I couldn't find Santa's sleigh for them. We drove around looking for it, but Santa hides his sleigh well! :)

We want to tell all of our family and friends that we love you and wish you the spirit of Christmas!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I think it would be so hard to be a medical students wife, but you seem to handle it so well! Merry Christmas!

jen said...

I am so excited to see you at Christmas! That Gracie sure has a tender heart. I love you all!