Aug 14, 2008

Kindergarten, No Way!

Monday was Gracie's first day of Kindergarten. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't even believe that she is already in school! Time flies way too fast! Despite me telling her every day for the last week that I wouldn't let her go to school because she is my baby and I want her with me all the time, she just wouldn't let me keep her home. Kindergarten here is all day long so that is a huge adjustment. Gracie of course couldn't be more ready. She was begging to go when she turned four. Now Parker and I on the other hand are really going to have to get used to this. Parker is going to die without his crutch. I just can't bare the thought of not knowing how she is all day and what she is doing. Well like it or not, she's gotta go! :) This is our big Kindergartner on her first day.
Gracie has loved going to school. She's been a bit onery and tired though when she gets home because it is all day long. The other day when I picked her up she started talking snappy to me with an attitude and so I told her she didn't need to talk to me like that. She told me "It's just that I'm at school aaalllll day long which makes me tired and then I have to tell you all about my day." Today two boys were talking to her and saying they had a thousand girlfriends and Gracie told them she didn't have any boyfriends so one of the boys told her he would be her boyfriend! The other day a cute little boy in our ward ran up to Gracie and hugged her and picked her up and spun her around. Then he asked her to marry him! Oh my heck! I think I better lock her up! Today she said there was a boy in her class crying during lunch and so she went up to him and kept asking him what was wrong and if he was okay. She said he had to go to the nurse and that she felt really bad because she wanted to help him. We are so proud of her! She is such a sweet little girl.

10 comments:

Danette said...

Yeah Gracie!
Nothing like your first day of school. Did you cry? and I'm talking about you Mandi, I know Gracie wouldn't cry!!
She is going to be a heartbreaker, watch out.

Amy Mann said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already in Kindergarten!!! All day, I wouldn't know what to do with myself either. You just want to keep them guarded forever, I can relate. She is so cute and I hope she enjoys school!

valerie said...

Wow Gracie is in kindergarten already!! She is growing up fast!! School sure starts early in AZ. Our kids still have 2 weeks till they start and trust me I am counting down the days!!!

jackie holgate said...

This proud grandma thinks it's child abuse to have her go to school all day. Mandi I can remember when you went to kinder. You were sad because you didn't want to leave me home by myself. I love your blog.

Mark, Holly and Boys said...

I can NOT believe that Gracie is in KG already! What? You have a kindergartener!

Erin said...

How exciting. :) She is such a cutie. I love your blog, Mandi! It's fun to catch up with you. By the way, the pictures of the kids jumping into the pool a few posts down is absolutely HILARIOUS! Love it!

hayley said...

All day kintergarden, that is a huge adjustment! It must seem so quiet with only one kid home. What a nice break for you. Also, I am vaguely remembering when Gracie smooched Luke, or did Luke smooch her? But then Luke held up his arm with one finger pointed in the air! That girl is going to have the boys lining up!

AmyPoll said...

Hey Mandi...you must be getting OLD to have a kindergardner!!! (we will just forget for a moment that my oldest just started 3rd grade and my middle one is in kindergarten too) If there is one piece of advice I can give you is this: Don't immediately ask her how her day went at school. I know you will be dying to, but give her 1/2 to one hour to wind down and then she will be more than excited to tell you about her adventures that day. I have found that this works well with my kids...especially with full day kindergarten. I wish I would have know that you guys were in AZ when we were down there and we would have stopped by!!!

Ashley said...

Sweet Gracie, she still looks too little to go to kindergarten. I think all day kindergarten is cruel. Mostly for the mommies who are having a hard time adjusting anyway! Good luck!

Katherine said...

How cute is that?! I can't believe she's in kindergarten! What a cute girl.