Aug 11, 2008

Bowling Blast


Last week Uncle De and John took us bowling. It was such a blast! This was the kids' first time ever and they loved it! I of course was so excited I got to break out my old bowling ball and bowling shoes! (My parents used to own a bowling alley and my awesome dad hooked me up with my very own ball and shoes and a bag to carry them in of course! Not just any ball though--a glow in the dark ball! Bring on the black lights!) Gracie will have bragging rights forever now that she beat her dad in her very first game of bowling!

7 comments:

Danette said...

Show us a picture of your mad skillz!! I really want to see the bowling ball, in the dark ;)

Katherine said...

No way! What's your high score? I once bowled a turkey on Thanksgiving day. It's my only bowling claim to fame.

Bonnie said...

How fun I love bowling....even if I still need the bumpers.

Mandi said...

Ha! Just because I have a bowling ball doesn't mean I am any good! :) My high score is 192 I think.

Ashley said...

What bowling alley did they own? Was it in Ogden? That is awesome, I love that you have all your own bowling gear. And tell Gracie I think I have those exact same shorts :)

valerie said...

Hey I had no idea you were a bowler!! Your high score is 192 that's awesome! Way to go Gracie at beating your Dad!!!

AmyPoll said...

PHIL...PHIL...PHIL...the shame!!! Didn't the bumpers help you out any??? My approach to bowling is to make sure that I always go with the kids so that I can use the bumpers...it just goes back to those wonderful math classes and angles...if you bounce it off the bumpers enough times and at the right angle, you are bound to get a strike :)