Mar 26, 2010

Slacking in more ways than one...

K, so lately I've been in a bit of a slump.  Just not a ton of energy.  I've noticed that my sense of humor has been MIA.  The result:  a grumpy family!  Why is it that us Mom's have to carry the mood of the house?!  Well, it is what it is.  So today I have decided to bring some laughter back into the home.  It definitely helps that the weather is getting better.  Yes, I never thought that it would happen!  I was beginning to feel we were stuck in Hell...I mean the Arctic...I mean South Dakota...seriously, what's the difference! :)  I must say the sun is healing for me.  It is so fun to see the kids being able to play outside and all of the neighbors coming out of hibernation.  To my Arizona pals:  believe it or not 40 degrees is HEAVENLY! 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know if I could do that much cold after 10 years here in Las Vegas. The pictures of you guys all bundled up at the parade sent me running for a blanket. We have blue, sunny Nevada skies about 360 days a year here. However, we do melt in the summer, so I guess that's the price we pay. I'm glad spring is getting there for you.

Janeal said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Winters here in Cache Valley are 5 months long---surviving it is something to be proud of! Hooray for sunshine and 40 degree weather!

Tiffany Walker said...

Yay for sunshine! I don't know what I will do if we ever move somewhere the sun doesn't shine all the time. Hang in there, you will enjoy your summer MUCH more than we will here!

AmyPoll said...

And what makes it worse is that it is after Arizona...hang in there...there is a family in our ward from S. Dakota and they do say that you will get sunshine and a little warmer. Hope all is going well with you guys.