Jul 7, 2010

Miss HIP HOP

Gracie has taken a Hip Hop dance class this whole last school year and has absolutely loved it.  She has really grown in rhythm and courage!  It has been her dream to perform on stage and she got to do just that on June 4th!  We were SO proud of her!  That is such a scary thing to get up on stage in front of hundreds of people and perform.  She was nervous for the first dance, but once she completed it, she loved it and was gun ho for the other 2.  I was SO nervous for her.  #1 because I knew she was nervous and it hurt me that she felt like that and #2 because that is something I would not be comfortable doing and I couldn't believe my daughter was going to do it.  I was actually so nervous that I started crying in anticipation to her arrival on stage.  But she really danced her heart out and "her dream came true!"  They wouldn't let us take pictures or video tape because they wanted us to buy theirs (which we did of course), but here is Gracie in her costume posing at home.  Isn't she the cutest thing ever?!  Oh, and I must note that she is going through a phase that she has to give the "peace sign" in every picture I take.  :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad her dream came true. I always loved to see my kids have fun with the things they chose to do.

Christina said...

She is beautiful???

Marci McLain said...

She is so pretty and getting so grown up.

Danette said...

I love it! she give the peace sign because she is ganst-her!