Jan 29, 2009

Are we really doing this for the 3rd time?!

We are expecting baby #3 August 15th! That makes me 12 weeks along. Despite the unexpectedness that many of you must be experiencing :), this was planned and we are excited! Why is it that we women forget after each pregnancy how awful it is to be so sick! I swore during each pregnancy that I would never do this to myself again because I was so sick! Then it's as if our minds somehow erase all of that after we hold that new sweet little baby in our arms for the first time. I'm thinking now why did I do this to myself?! I already have a boy and a girl! But how do you deny that burning urge when you feel you should have another one! I keep using positive thoughts and statements that this baby is going to be good to me and I'm not going to be sick and throwing up for six months and it's not going to have colic and it's going to sleep through the night and not whine and cry about everything for the first 4 years of it's life! :) I've heard those babies are out there....I'm just hoping one of them gets sent to us! :) Feel free to send wishful, positive vibes our way! :)
We told Gracie and Parker and our families on Christmas. We had the kids open up a present with diapers, a bottle and a binky in it. They were so cute! I think it actually took most of the family a second to get it, but I had to explain to the kids of course. Gracie was exploding with excitement, while poor little Parker didn't seem too pleased. Previously when Phil and I found out (only a week along) I would ask Parker if he liked babies and he'd tell me no because they are too loud and cry too much. I have to laugh because that's pretty ironic coming from the little boy who has mastered crying over everything and nothing all at once! Gracie remains ecstatic about the whole thing and Parker has gotten used to the idea and is getting more excited. It was so cute because one of the first things Parker asked me when he found out was if the baby was going to hurt me. When he asked me that, his sweet little face was full of concern and worry. He is constantly telling me he wants to see my baby. They both actually say they want a girl, but say they're ok with a boy too. Now if I tell you this next part you have to swear you won't take the names just in case we decide to use them! :) My theory is I feel like I surround myself with people I can trust and so if I tell the names then I have dibs....right ya'll?! :) Gracie wants to name it Walker if it's a boy and Whitney if it's a girl. Parker wants to name it Dash if it's a boy and Violet if it's a girl. Parker's names come from 'The Incredibles'! Funny boy! Phil and I are of course totally undecided and both think each others suggestions are terrible! What's ironic about the name Violet that Parker picked is that it's my grandma's middle name. So who knows?! We like Gracie's names, but we need more ideas people! :) We'll keep you posted and let you know when we find out what it is.

14 comments:

Kevin and Nicole Smith said...

Congratulations!!! We're definitely sending all of our good thoughts your way. :) Parker will be a great big brother. BTW, I can't believe how much Gracie looks like you, Phil! How fun... It brings back memories from when we were that age.

We love you guys!

Nicole
@>->--

Amy Mann said...

Congrats again Mandi & Phil, I am so excited for you. I totally get it Mandi, I think we forget what it is like and then we get pregnant again and we start to remember. At that point, it is a little too late to turn back. I have often thought that having one of both is perfect as well, we are in the same boat. Maybe 1 more someday, who knows. Anyhow, good luck with everything, I hope that this pregnancy is easier for you, you will soon have a beautiful baby who will bring so much joy into your lives.

Now, if you will bear with me for a minute, I want to take a chance to go down memory lane with you. Your memories brought back so many wonderful things to my mind, I sure enjoyed growing up with you. I also want to apologize first for not wanting to play anymore once I was in 7th grade, that broke my heart to read that. I am so sorry for being so rude to you. I loved being with you, I am not sure what I was thinking. My mom was actually commenting just the other day about how she wished she would have held Jared back which would have then held me back, we would have then been in the same grade, I would have loved that.

Anyway, here goes...
*Camping with your family, I remember we went to Crystal Springs (is that what it's called?) a couple of times. I loved going camping with you.
*Sleepovers and sleeping in late and having my Mom call on Saturday mornings, we did not know what time it was and it was so dark in the bedroom downstairs sometimes.
*Our singing and wrestling, please don't find those videos, and if you do, please keep them to yourself :)
*Playing basketball in your driveway.
*If I remember correctly, I stayed with you for a couple of days while my parents were in Israel.
*I remember being so disappointed when our ward split, it was a hard day for me.
*Girls Camp and Youth Conferences, even though we weren't in the same ward. I actually think we went to Girls Camp together once before the ward split. I need to get my pictures out.
*Your Orange "Slugbug", I was just thinking the other day that I think I had a concert in SL once and I had your keys and you couldn't drive home from school. I think my stuff was in your car and I forgot to get the keys back to you before we left.
*I too remember tubing, skateboarding, riding my bike to your house, camping, playing dolls, cards, all of those fun things. I sure loved being at your house.
Thanks again for all of the fun times and the great memories, I sure hope that my kids can only have great friends growing up that I feel like I had. You were a wonderful friend and I always want to keep in touch. Thanks for everything!!!

Jaime Dubois said...

Congrats to both of you! We're so very excited for you. It's been really fun to keep up to date on things through your blog...it would probably have taken until the baby arrived before we would have found out that you were even pregnant. :) I hope you start feeling better soon. I also hope that we might have the chance to see you guys soon. We love you guys!

--Jaime

Bonnie said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! and I hope you aren't sick the whole time!!! I can't wait to tell Jeff!

Brianna said...

Yea for you guys! I was wondering if you guys were planning on expanding any. I think all the names your kids like are awesome... really!

Here are a few more... Elissa & Avery for a girl and Rhett & Cade for a boy. Just some suggestions.

Be sure to keep cool this summer with being very prego!

Brumbaugh Family said...

Congrats!! I really hope you aren't sick. You can try 1/2 a unisom and b6 vitamin but I am sure you already knew that. I preferred to just be sick and not drowsy too! I love the name Walker for a boy. Sorry you already used my other girl name. Good luck!

Ashley said...

What. The. SURPRISE OF THE YEAR! I was NOT expecting that. I think one of the first conversations we ever had was the fact that you were never having another one, ha ha! I think that was back in the days of driving Parker around all night to get him to sleep. This news makes me so happy and I'm glad you guys are excited too. Congratulations, a million times, congratulations and a million good vibes headed your way! (How did you forget to mention this when we were instant messaging the other day!)

valerie said...

Wow!! Congratulations Mandi!! How exciting! I'm so happy for your family!! I was totally surprised when I read this on your blog. I remember in Kville how you said you wouldn't be having another one. Hope your feeling better soon. By the way you said your due dates is August 15th. My due date is August 17th.

hayley said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited and happy for your guys:) People who make beautiful children like you guys do should have at least three:) hehe... You are going to have such great helpers, I bet this time around will seem like a piece of cake. Although I can't imagine trying to focus on school when you feel like you could hurl at any second. So I hope school is going well for you. I think Violet is such a cute name, that's so sweet he wants a girl, he must love his big sis:) I can't wait to hear what you are having! ps- most third babies I know are really laid back and low maintenance so I hope you get one, myself too!!!

Holly Holgate said...

It will be awesome!!!!! Gracie and Parker will have so much fun with a new baby. It is your turn for a good baby. What the heck, they say three is a charm. So good things will be coming your way.kisses....

Anita said...

Mandi(and Phil)-- I am so happy for you. Your kids are so adorable. . . how could you not have more. Hope everything else is going well for you.

Christina said...

Congrats again!!! I can still remember when Gage told me in Dec. I just started jumping up and down. The kids didn't know what to think. :) We are so excited for your family! You are such a good mom and this little one is so lucky to be coming to your home.

I love the name Walker and Parkers names are so funny! I can't wait to meet this little one. I am hoping for a girl so Kamri can play with her.

shanan said...

Gracie and Parker are such cute kids, how could you not want to have more kids. Mandi, it is so much fun to hear all the stories that my neice and nephew say. Kids can say the funniest things. Sure do miss you guys. Love ya

Jill said...

Congrats!!!!!!